As I was thinking of the decor that I want to put in this room, I realized the one decor staple that I ALWAYS go to is trays! I have to admit, I have a little fixation for them. I mean think about it they keep everything neat and tidy on your table and also keeps your trinkets from just floating around on the table, in no man's land. I also love them on ottomans as well. Plus, when company comes just remove the tray and you have extra seating! It just adds another layer to an otherwise boring mixture of accessories.
Here are some stylish looks using trays:
|1. This makes me think of spring! With the yellow daffodils and the the white pitcher. So fresh from thesimplyluxuriouslife.com|
2. Love the black and white graphic pattern on this tray made by lilikoijoy.com
3. Rattan trays in a rectangle and oval add texture to any tablescape. Via Pinterest.com
4. An antique silver tray with beautiful bathroom accessories by Houseandhome.com
5. This monogrammed tray is the perfect touch to add some personalization. Via Pinterest.com
6. Go coastal! With shells, silver candle sticks and a pretty silver vase with white flowers. tammymitchell.typepad.com
7. This is my look in our office. A square mirrored tray with mercury glass candles, a sea urchin from Nate Berkus' collection from Target and a white sculpture from Homegoods.
|What about going quirky like this Radio Flyer tray from Sassystyleredesign.com How adorable for a kids party!|
Some tips for styling a tray is to have a taller object say candlesticks or maybe an orchid or plant in a vase, some books stacked larger to smaller, some ambient light (candles, a lantern) and an object of some sort.
|Galvanized tray from Potterybarn.com|
|And what a great way to corral all your breakfast items together! Just have fun with it! There is no wrong way if you love it! I mean that's what decorating is, your vision! What other fun ways have you used trays?|
Have a great day!